Money is provided by the Primary School Sport Funding Programme to improve PE and sport provision. The money has to be used to:
- Improve the quality and breadth of PE provision. (Schools are free to determine how to use this.)
- Increase participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance they are capable of.
What are we spending it on?
- Employing a specialist PE coach (Matt Bulbeck).
- Buying into existing local sports networks – SASP – to enter the children into the tournaments etc.
- Providing places for pupils in after school sports clubs – Football, Tag Rugby & Multiskills.
- Using our House system to enable regular inter-house sports competitions for children of all ages. Our coach Matt Bulbeck is involved in organising the annual sports day.
- Inter-house sports day competitions
- Paying towards transport and pool hire to provide swimming lessons for pupils 1 – 6. Paying for an extra coach in the swimming pool to support our staff in teaching swimming.
- Providing pupils who are gifted and talented in sport with expert, intensive coaching and support.
How many children take up sports after school clubs at North Curry C of E Primary School?
Autumn term 2021
Multiskills for KS1 and KS2: 31% of pupils
Football for KS2 and KS1: 35% of pupils
Tag Rugby for KS2: 17% of pupils
More than one in three children attend an after school sports club and over 50 children attend more than one.
Every child has access to at least two hours of PE each week.
Children requiring extra PE support have access to weekly small group PE intervention in addition to core hours.
For 2020-21 79% of our Year 6 children can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres. 93% can use a range of stroke effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations.