From September 2023 Huish Education Services will be the provider of hot meals at North Curry Primary School. We have a three week rolling menu. Parents are asked to place orders via their MCAS account no later than midnight on the Tuesday of the week before. However, where a school holiday falls, the cut off will be the Tuesday of the last week of term.
If your child does not appear on the lunch register, we will contact you so that a packed lunch can be provided for the rest of the week.
A copy of the latest menu and allergen details can be viewed below.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you notify the school office with regards any special dietary requirements. Thank you.
Universal Infant Free School Meals and Free School Meals
Since September 2014, the government has introduced universal free school meals for all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. This means all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a school meal of their choice every day even if you are not eligible for free school meals.
If you receive any of the following benefits you are entitled to free school meals for your children:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related) – not Contribution related
- Universal Credit with an annual household income of less than £7400 after tax
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA) – not Contribution based
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than £16,190 as long as the family are not also in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
Unfortunately if you receive working Tax credits you are not eligible for free school meals but if you have recently become unemployed, and are still receiving Working Tax Credits, you may be entitled. Please phone Somerset County Council on 0300 123 2224 for advice.
To apply for Universal Infant Free School Meals and Pupil Premium, complete the following form and return to the school office (Year Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 only) UIFSM Leaflet
To apply for Free School Meals and Pupil Premium, visit the following and apply online (Year 3, Year4, Year 5 and Year 6) Free school meals (somerset.gov.uk)