What is the Pupil Premium Grant?
The Pupil Premium Grant provides additional funding for publicly funded schools on top of the main funding a school receives. It is designed to help pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to perform better and ensure that they benefit from the same opportunities as their peers.
Pupil premium is used to support children who are currently on Free School Meals (FSM) or have been registered for (FSM) in the past six years. Funding is also provided for children with parents serving in the armed forces (Service Funding) and children in local authority care or who have left local authority care as a result of adoption, special guardianship orders or child arrangement orders.
You can check your eligibility for Pupil Premium and Free School Meals on the following link: Free school meals (somerset.gov.uk).
Ways we spend the Pupil Premium to support students.
- Educational trips to support the curriculum
- 1:1 TA support for Maths and English
- Within class TA support for Maths and English
- Break and lunchtime supervision to develop social skills, ensure student safety and enrich playtime provision
- Read Write Inc phonics intervention to develop early reading and writing skills
- Residential trips to enhance real life experiences
- 1:1 ELSA support and drop in sessions
- 1:1 reading support
- Small group interventions including number detectives, ‘high frequency word’ spelling interventions, writing interventions and group literacy interventions.