Help at Home
There are many ways you can assist your child’s learning outside of school. Below you can find a selection of resources and exercises you can try with your child at home.
In addiction you may wish to consider:
- There are many Apps available that can assist with learning at home e.g. Numberjacks, Bugs and Numbers, Andre Brodie Mental Maths, Squeebles.
- Fun games including numbers like Monopoly or Snakes and Ladders can assist with numeracy.
- Also look for numbers everywhere in your environment, these might appear when cooking, shopping or telling the time.
Phonics for Year 1
Mr Thorne has designed a range of youtube films to assist younger children with phonics. Watch his channel here.
Maths Calculation Policy
Mastering the Maths curriculum
Maths advice for parents
KS1 Bare necessities – A set of Maths games created by Wiltshire Primary School.
KS2 Bare necessities – A set of Maths games created by Wiltshire Primary School.
Mathematical Vocabulary Guide
Maths Hub support during school closures
Useful websites during school closures 1
Useful websites during school closures 2
Home Learning Recommended Maths List
Timetables Cards – Print them out and use them at home. TIP – when you print them, click print and then click the downward arrow next to ‘full page slide’ and select 2 or 4 to a page. This will make the cards smaller.
- Practice the table with your child for 5 minutes each day. It is important to say the whole table and not just the answers again and again and again.
- Break down each table into manageable chunks
- Work on pairs of tables e.g. if learning the 2x timetable the doubling method can assist with calculating the 4x timetable.
- Test your child by firing questions at them, out of order, reminding them they can use facts to work out trickier ones e.g. if they know 4×6=24 than double to find 8×6.
- Revisit previously learned facts to check they still remember these.
- Use a range of vocabulary e.g. times, multiplied, sets of, lots of.
Download our spelling pattern posters below
1)Useful Words 2)Days of the Week 3)Months of the Year 4)Numbers 5)Colours 6)i-e and a-e words 7) o-e and u-e words 8)th words 9)ch words 10)More a-e words 11)More i-e words 12)More o-e words 13)ea words 14)ow words 15)ou words 16)oa words 17)oy and ay words 18)y words 19)ff, ss and ll words 20)st and str words 21)sp and spr words 22)wa words 23)one, ome and ove words 24)old words 25)wh words 26)ear and ead words 27)nch and tch words 28)er words 29)oi and oy words 30)oo words 31)ou words 34)aw words 35)ew words 36)Silent b and Silent k words 37)ir and ire words 38)ur and ure words 39)ai and ay words 40)ain and air words 41)igh words 42)ask, ast and ass words 43)y ending words 44)ier and iest ending words 45)ull words 46)silent w words 47)et ending words 48)qu words 49)ow ending words 50)en and on ending words 51)ild and ind words 52)ost and oll ending words 53)ie words 54)ei words 55)able and ible ending words 56)dis words 57)ey ending words 58)ness and ment ending words 59)sure and ture ending words 60)sion ending words 61)tion ending words 62)ph words 63)al ending words 65)ough words 66)ea words 67)soft c words 68)dge words 69)er, or and ar ending words 70)ory, ary and ery ending words 71)un, en, in and im words 72)ous and ious ending words 73)a followed by double letter words 74)ent, ence, ant and ance ending words 75)Tricky Words 1 76)Tricky Words 2