Meet our School Council 2023/24. We currently have three teams.
The Rights Responders Team
The Spirituality Superstars Team
The Wellbeing Champions Team
The school council members will also be taking part in our new ‘Young Leaders’ programme, a leadership and character education programme: The Young Leaders Award. The programme helps children and young people to develop leadership skills such as: teamwork, communication and creative thinking and character virtues such as resilience, compassion and patience and empowers them to make a difference to their communities through social action projects.
Why we’re here and what we do!
Our School Council helps to make sure that:
- The school is a safe, happy and fair place to be.If you have problem you can tell them and something will be done.
- Pupils learn problem-solving skills.
- Pupils get to have the chance to have a say in making decisions for the school.
- Pupils learn about voting and making sure it is fair.
- Pupils learn about asking everyone what they think (consultation) on issues like behaviour and rules.
- We look after our school and its grounds.
- Pupils are involved in organising projects.
- Pupils improve skills such as speaking, listening and debating (discussion).
- Pupils are prepared for citizenship.